Monday, January 10, 2011

Sleeps Like A Baby....

If you know me, or you have read this blog at all, then you know Natalia does not sleep. So I do not sleep. Thats not good. I'm one of those people, who in order to function needs at least 8 hours of sleep. Otherwise I am unbearable to be around. The Wonderful Husband could attest to this fact, but I'm sure he would be afraid of the dire consequence of  doing so.

The elusive sleep....
Over the last 8 months I've tried to make some adjustments.. I'm a little less grumpy and a -whole-lotta IQ points shorter (I'm sure they leave my body via the milk..) But I miss sleep. I need sleep.  Not only that, this lack of sleep can't be good for this little wee human who's growing at warp speed. But I figured it'd taper down. Only it hasn't, lately her sleeping patterns are WORSE than when we bought her home with us. I have been getting up EVERY 2 HOURS! To top that off, she doesn't really nap through out the day 45 mins is a LONG nap.  I started thinking about this more and more the other day. Tali has been soo cranky lately- very unlike herself. And I've been trying to figure out a way to inject coffee into my eyeballs- this lack of sleep can't be doing any good for either of us. After a particularly horrible night, The Wonderful Husband and I came to the conclusion that we were, in fact, at the end of our rope. We were going to try the dreaded Sleep Training. I have been so against this, I think its mean and unfair. But I also think its mean and unfair to let my daughter function and develop on as little sleep as she has been.

Last night was the first go- 50 mins of gut-wrenching, heart-breaking, silence shattering screams before she finally gave in and fell asleep. I had my phone timer on, and every 10 mins I would sprint up the stairs, lay her down and give her back her suckie- all the while attempting to hold back my own tears. But she slept through the ENTIRE night!!!!!

Tonight she gave in after 40mins of the  gut-wrenching, heart-breaking, silence shattering screams. I'm hoping she will sleep through the entire night again... otherwise I don't know if I can do this again to her. The full night sleep is the reward, for all three of us.  I don't know. I'm still all mixed up with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Experiences? Opinions? I would LOVE to hear from you!