Monday, January 10, 2011

Kitchen Challenged...

Stuffed Peppers a la Kim!
Don't get me wrong. I like to cook. I really do. But I find it so bloody hard to find the motivation to do it. It seems like almost all the yummy things I make take like a million hours to make, so I don't want to make them. Yes the home made lasagna is FANTASTIC, and stuffed peppers really do leave you stuffed, but at the end of the day I just can't bring myself to make them. So that means we have an AMAZING meal maybe once every 2 weeks and then live off the leftovers. The rest of the time we have mac & cheese, subs or grilled cheese, home made pizza or some other artery clogging meal . Yeah the picture of health right?

Now that the Little Lady is about to start sharing in our meals together instead of that smooshy stuff out of the jar, I figured I better get my butt into gear and start to make things that are, you know, healthy. Um how do I do that? Well my friends, Rachael Ray has come to my rescue (hopefully). I went out  ordered two of her cook books online Express lane meals and 365: No Repeats. Apparently these are all healthy meals that will take under 30 min. An idea I think I like (maybe the Wonderful Husband will even make some... hint hint).

My goal is to try to make at least 2  new recipes a week. I don't think its realistic for me to do a new meal every night (I'm a tad lazy)... plus we really love our sub night and home made pizza! (I've even started to use a recipe for whole wheat pizza dough! YUMMY)


There I said it online... I have to do it. I'll be shamed if I don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Experiences? Opinions? I would LOVE to hear from you!