I've been hesitant to post anything about me starting my new job and returning to work. I've been getting a lot of questions lately, and this seems like the easiest forum to share the information on. I've recently signed a contract to be an on call/ relief Child and Youth Worker at a local group home. It's the first step in the right direction, and only the beginning!
When I am called in, I will be working in a home for teen aged girls, aged 12-18 with a wide range of backgrounds. Primarily developmental challenges, mental health issues, behavioural challenges, dual diagnoses, learning disabilities, parent child conflict/adoption breakdown, minor physical challenges, and abuse issues. My role, in a nut shell, will be to provide a home like environment where each child's unique needs are acknowledged and supported to help them attain independence. (There are other houses that I may be called into, but this is the one that I am "stationed" at)
This is a huge step for me, and I'm very excited for this chapter. However, with it being on call/ relief work, I will have to find something to fill in the gaps. Most of the shifts I will be going in for are evenings/nights/ weekend/ holidays- so either The Wonderful Husband or I can be with Talia most of the time (Even though we do have Mary Poppins on standby). But hopefully this means I will be able to spend more time at home with Natalia (at least until I figure out the gap filler)!
No comments:
Post a Comment
What are your thoughts? Experiences? Opinions? I would LOVE to hear from you!