Tuesday, February 8, 2011

This Moment In Time...

One of the First time
Lifting her head
Ever have one of those moments where time seems to stand still? That's been the last 9 months for me. Everything seems to be happening entirely too fast, but in slow motion all at the same time. I could swear that it was just yesterday that Natalia was placed on my chest for the first time.

And today, she is 9 months old. It absolutely blows my mind how this has happened. I feel like it was only last week when The Wonderful Husband and I saw that little "+" sign. But here we are, a full 18 months from that moment in time. 9 months  of a ever expanding belly,  of feeling her squirm and kick and making me sicker than I ever thought humanly possible, and 9 months of cuddles and kisses and poopy bums and sleepless nights.

Some of her first Smiles
I vividly remember my sheer excitement the first time I saw Talia's smile, the first time she lifted her head up during tummy time,  the first time she rolled over. Everyday there is a new development, and every day I am humbled by the presence of this amazing Little Girl.


Please don't tell me "Imagine how your parents feel" or "Just wait until she's 18". It just makes me feel stupid, and I want to enjoy this awe and wonder of the moment.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy every awe and every wonder...they are the best times of your past, presant, and future.. just like my baby girls are all growen up!!!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Experiences? Opinions? I would LOVE to hear from you!