Tali had her sleep over this weekend with my parents. I have been a
wreck leading up to this. Pumping like a maniac trying to make sure that there was enough milk for her, trying to figure out if she was going to sleep through then night, take her naps or just cry the entire time she was away from me.
Tali was picked up around 10:30 Saturday morning. The moment my parents drove away I immediately changed my mind and started to cry. But The Wonderful Husband pointed out, that they had already left, and it was too late to change my mind, especially since they drove 90mins to pick her up. After staring out the front door crying for a bit, The Wonderful Husband convinced me that in was time to move on with our day.
 |
| Time With Grandma |
What did I do with my freedom? I took a nap. Then we went to the mall and walked around. We went into stores with breakable things. It was wonderful. I didn't have to worry about a little baby arm flying out of the sling and ripping the nearest thing off the self. The weather was perfectly clear when we left. We came home and I took a 2 and a half hour nap. I woke up feeling fantastic. That is until I looked out my kitchen window. There was now almost a foot of snow,with more coming down, and 2 cars stuck in my parking lot. Our plan was to go out to a restaurant have a nice dinner and watch the UFC fight. But the amount of snow made it seem like a bad idea. It was, after all, Snowpocalypse out there. But I was so desperate for my date that I was ok if we ended up at the Korean Dry cleaners on the corner. We made it through the snow to our destination. I gorged myself on chicken wings and garlic bread. I even got to feel like an adult and had an alcoholic beverage. But then I counteracted that and had a chocolate milk shake. We got to sleep in until 9:30am! (I did however wake up so engorged I looked like I had bad implants)
Meanwhile Tali played all super happy the entire time, drank perfectly from her bottle, and slept through the entire night.
Just in case you missed the last line... SHE SLEPT TROUGH THE ENTIRE NIGHT. (aside for waking up at 2, but just needed to be covered and given her suckie then back out). Last night, home with her Mommy she was up 3 times... and not just "oh here's your suckie and blanket now go back to sleep". But awake jumping up and down in her bed until I rocked and nursed her back to sleep.
Maybe it is time to let her
cry it out in the middle of the night? Seriously.. I think I'm trying to make a record for how many times I can contradict myself.
Tali had her sleepover. I didn't implode. I actually really enjoyed myself (I forgot how wonderful it was to sit and eat wings with The Wonderful Husband and not have to worry about anything other than the status of my refill)- And I think that Natalia had just as much fun too!
No comments:
Post a Comment
What are your thoughts? Experiences? Opinions? I would LOVE to hear from you!