Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sleepover Maddness

Well, my Mommy Stress level is THROUGH THE ROOF! But in a good way!! Ever since Tali had been born, all I have heard is how excited all the Grandparents are to have a sleep over with Tali. My Mom particularly, has made it very clear that this is one of her biggest wishes for the new year. Being that Talia is a breastfed baby.. its not that easy to be "Oh, ok take her for the night"- especially since the pump I had was crap.

Recently we found out that The Wonderful Husbands benefits would cover $200 for a pump. How did I not know this before!?!? We decided to take advantage of this discovery and bought a bad-ass new pump. I'm pretty sure that this pump could get milk from a stone.

Natalia and her BFF, Lily, at Grandma and Grampies
Since I know now that is, in fact, in the realm of possibilities for me to pump enough milk to last Tali a full day, it looks like the sleepover is going to happen. But I feel like I need a REASON for a sleep over.. not just a "oh well ok, take her". Its not that I don't want her Grandparents to have time with her like that. I do! I just don't want to feel like I'm handing off my responsibility. (Irrational perhaps...)

The Wonderful Husband decided that he is going to have a Super Bowl party here with a few of his co-workers. Thats fine, I was thinking maybe 4 or 5 guys and a few beers. Sure. Well then it turned into so and so is coming and ohh the Fed-ex driver  is coming, and he might bring his daughter. The list is now around 10 beer loving, football crazed Men.   Also fine.. but seems like it might be a bit of a loud night for the Little Lady. So I have found my reason to give in to the sleep over request. I'm not sure if its' possible yet, as that means a Monday would have to be taken off by my parents. Secretly I am hoping that she'll stay home with me where I can mirco-manage everything. But on the same side, I think it will be really good for her to have that time. I'm sure I'll be a basket case if she does go for the sleep over! EEP

1 comment:

  1. we are working on it baby girl..come to grandma...plllllease

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Experiences? Opinions? I would LOVE to hear from you!