![]() |
| My second-child-Kindle tucked in |
If you want to be super cool like me, and get made fun of by your significant other (and probably many more) the steps you need to take are after the jump. And of course there's lots of pictures!
Materials Needed
2 different kinds of Fabric (enough to cover both sides and a bit of your Kindle)
Bias tape, I'd suggest you use double fold.. I had single and it was harder to work with.
Quilting padding, same amount of your fabric, but enough to do a double layer
Velcro
![]() |
| Chalking the Lines |
If you don't know how to sew with bias tape, here is a REALLY GOOD tutorial (its what taught me how to do it!)
Instructions
1)Take the Fabric thats going to be on the inside and chalk out your quilting lines. I wanted mind to have diagonal lines, do any design you want.
![]() |
| Fabric sandwich, Quilted |
2) Layer all your fabric together. Almost like a sandwich, with your right sides facing out, and the padding on the inside.
3) Start sewing along the chalk lines so that the pieces are quilted together. Sew all the lines for the design that you want. Make sure the design covers over the entire piece of fabric.
![]() |
| Sizing up Kindle |
5) Sew your Bias tape along the opening edge of the pocket (not the flap part)6.) Sew your Velcro onto the body of the pocket
7) sew your side seams together. Try the Kindle out in it for a good fit. I had to trim off more off my edges since I wanted a snug fit. If thats the case for you as well, just draw on where your new seam needs to be, sew then trim it up. BEFORE you trim though, make sure you Kindle fits the way you want- you can rip your stitches out if you did it too tight
![]() |
| Sewing the Bias tape on |
8) Sew your Bias Tape along the outside edges. Use one piece for the entire edge to keep it looking smooth. Really you should pin it all in place... but I was lazy and just lined it up as I went.
9) Sew on your piece of Velcro onto the flap. I sewed around it twice so that it was reinforced and not likely to pull off.

10) TADA, you have now made your own padded case for your Kindle.
This project took a few hours to make. But it was well worth the time considering it only took $12.00 to make in total. (FYI... The Fabric Ladies get slightly annoyed when you only buy the minimum amounts of everything... but they were still friendly!)





interesting... i would try to make this if i could figure out how to use me sewing machine. lol.. How about adding a carry strap to it?
ReplyDelete