Friday, January 7, 2011

The Charmed Life

When people say you'll never experience anything like being a Mom, I was excited and couldn't wait to see what was in store for me. When I had my day dreams I neglected to day dream about the endless sleepless nights and uncontrollable tantrums, but thats ok, I wouldn't give it up. Not for a second.

This mornings new experience, however, I can do without. My morning routine is like a religion to me. Tali normally wakes up around 5:30, I'll bring her into bed with me and The Wonderful Husband (Jay) to cuddle and nurse, which in turn gives me a few more hours of blissful sleep. Jay then gets up at 7:30 for his shower, and once he's all set, he takes Tali changes her and dresses her for the day. Perfect. That gives me the morning to wake myself up and have a shower without an audience. This morning, everything went as normal. Husband rolled out of bed and Tali and I immediately rolled over to the middle of the bed. I rolled straight into a puddle of pee. Yup. She somehow peed so much she over filled her diaper. Her P.J.'s were SOAKED. The bed was soaked. I was soaked and all I could smell was pee that was not mine. In a half asleep delirious stumble, I managed to get Tali to her change table, strip her down and give her a dry bum. We then stumbled back into the pee filled bed and did our best to avoid the wet spot. Yeah. I know. Nasty. But a Sleepy Mom gotta do what she can for much needed zzz's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Experiences? Opinions? I would LOVE to hear from you!