Friday, March 11, 2011

Getting Sloppy With the Cook'n

Well, its been well established that I perhaps leave a bit to be desired in the cooking department. I haven't given up. Nope. Not yet... even though I'm sure I should have thrown in the towel long ago. I'm much to stubborn for that! I've still been insanely busy and preoccupied to try to plan out a menu of new recipes, and have mainly been sticking to the basics. However, the other week I asked The Wonderful Husband if he would give me an idea for something new to make. Normally the response is "Umm, I'm not sure... I like what you've been making lately, keep it up". Which is fine and makes me all warm and fuzzy but sometimes I just need some fresh ideas! But this week The Wonderful Husband responded with "I kinda want some Sloppy Joes". Crap. I HATE Sloppy Joes. They are THE LAST POSSIBLE thing I would ever want to eat... But I've made such a big deal about needing his input for menu planning, so I'm not about to scratch ANY idea off the list from The Wonderful Husband. I think I spent entirely too long searching for this recipe... and I gotta say... I was surprised! It was actually really good!  More pictures and instructions are after the jump!

Here's the link to the recipe I used.
I should also add, that I have an extreme disdain for mustard. It makes me gag. I hate it. I want nothing to do with it. But this recipe calls for mustard. I wasn't sure if I was even going to be able to eat it... and thought that at least I would make it for The Wonderful Husband,

The first time I made it I used Green Peppers. It was amazing. Second time, the grocery store was out of green peppers so I used Red instead. Don't do that. It makes it a bit weird. Still good, but not nearly as good.
I managed to make it up in about 40 mins. I also toasted my buns under the broiler for a few mins so mine wouldn't go soggy (The Wonderful Husband liked his Right out of the bag).

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Experiences? Opinions? I would LOVE to hear from you!