 |
| Princess Talia checking on her Kingdom |
Talia is spoiled. Seriously. It's insane. She has 3 sets of Grandparents who all spoil her like mad. The Wonderful Husband's Dad and Step-Mom (Grandpa Chia and Grandma) recently bought a new washer and dryer. I didn't think much of it in terms of Tali-spoilage. That is until I got an email, with Grandpa Chia's head popping out of a gigantic card bored castle that was made by Grandpa Chia and Grandma. But thats the thing... it doesn't look AT ALL like a card bored castle! It's all super duper decked out. It was too creative and unique not to share! Since I had NO part in making this coolness of a castle, I can only share the pictures that I have of Talia playing in it and rough intstructions. But if that's not inspiration for awesomeness I don't know what is! So with lots and lots of Thanks for Grandma and Grandpa Chia, here are some of pictures of Princess Talia playing in her amazing castle as well as a little break down of how to make this awesomeness! (After the jump)
 |
| Parapets |
Materials Needed:
Seriously Creative Grandma
Gigantic Card bored box
1 extremely large card boded box and one smaller one
Sharp scissors or knife to cut the box
Paint
Pictures
Duct Tape
***
UPDATE I've Just been informed from Grandma herself, that the castle is actually constructed of two boxes taped together (who knew), one Gigantic one from the washer, and the smaller pedestal base box for the top***
From What I can tell from looking at the construction of the box, it was taped together with the duct tape first to reinforce it. with the top and bottom ends open. Then the Parapets were cut at the top (see picture above).
 |
| View looking up of doors and window |
Next (I think), the window and door were cut. Then Grandma let her creativity really take hold and decorated the castle. Not only did she decorate the outside of the castle, with a dragon and ivy and flags, but the inside too! There's stone mantel with a rotisserie chicken and the family crest, as well as a picture of Princess Talia with a crown photo-shopped on top.
I didn't really expect a 10 month old to go gaga over a Play Castle. I was wrong. She LOVES it. She likes to stand in the window and walk around, while pushing the castle around with her. Its become a travelling castle. Yes, she crashed into the wall a few times, and needs some help steering. But she really enjoys herself, and even pulls in her toys with her.
Grandma and Grandpa Chia- you guys rock!
(In case you were wondering, yes, that is Chia, as in a Chia pet, a nick name, I lovingly gave my Father in law when The Wonderful Husband and I were dating)
 |
| Under the Royal Portrait |
 |
| Tali checking her chicken |
 |
| Castle on the Move! |
 |
| Clapping for Awesomeness |
No comments:
Post a Comment
What are your thoughts? Experiences? Opinions? I would LOVE to hear from you!