Wow. Yesterday may have been one of the longest days I've had in a long time. I don't know what got into Tali. Maybe she missed her Daddy after having him around for 2 weeks of Christmas holidays or maybe she just was grumpy... either way she took the notion that yesterday was the day of major melt downs. No lies.
I am one of those Moms who gets to brag that I have a mild tempered baby who rarely cries or fusses. Shes easy to calm... only requires a bit of boob than she's all smiles again. Only down side to this little wonder is that she HATES to sleep- I think shes maybe slept for a total of 7 full nights in her wee little life and a long nap is 45 mins. (but thats an entirely different story). Well yeah.. that went out the window yesterday.

Tali was happily crawling and playing around on the floor... then out of no where she just started to sob. Theres no other description for it. I picked her up, checked her out for boo-boo's- all clear. Maybe she wanted to nurse? Nope that resulted in milk being spit ALL OVER the place. I rocked, I sang, I held, I cuddled. NOTHING. I tried to lay her down in her bed... but she LOST IT! Screaming so hard she was coughing, kicking her wee pudgy little legs and tears squirting left right and center. I didn't know what to do. This isn't my girl! I rubbed her back, gently padded her bum and hoped it would stop. After 20 mins of this solid, no breaks, I gave in and brought her back downstairs to rock ( I have a big comfy chair there).Still no subsiding of the tears and kicking and screaming).
I don't know why I thought of it it, but I pulled out my BlackBerry and started to play The Killers, "Mr. Brightside". Then the kicking stopped, the screams turned to a cry... and with in 90 seconds she was asleep. I turned the music off... meltdown started up again. Music back on and baby back asleep. I ended up putting it on repeat and by her bed while she had a MASSIVE 2 hour nap!
I don't listen to this song a lot... nor did I when I was pregnant... BUT it was playing softly in the background when she was born... Whatever her reason is for loving this song, I will go to it first from now on!
No comments:
Post a Comment
What are your thoughts? Experiences? Opinions? I would LOVE to hear from you!